Holding on to summer

So Drew and I went to the movies Friday night. Nothing spectacular, we saw "The Man From U.N.C.L.E.", which was merely OK. But when we walked into the mall, I couldn't help but notice the Halloween store. It's not open yet, but they are setting everything up and will open very soon.

We were in Poughkeepsie yesterday, visiting friends. When we left their house last night, the air was cool and crisp. I should have brought a sweater or a light jacket. Granted, Poughkeepsie is in mountain territory, and it was much warmer when we got back to Long Island, but still ...

Baseball season is starting to wind down, the sportscasters all talk about pennant races. (The Mets and the Yankees are still in it!) Preseason football has hit the airwaves.

The Labor Day barbecue will be two weeks from today.

After that, Drew and Jen will both return to work. The community pool will close for the season. I'll be able to go walking at Jones Beach without paying the parking fee.

And I will have to acknowledge that summer is over. The warm weather will linger on for awhile, of course. But summer will be gone.

I'm not ready to let go just yet.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

  1. Next year, Empire Passport if they still have them. Skip the parking fees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I considered the passport this summer, didn't think I'd get enough use out of it to justify the expense. And lived to regret that decision.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A