Guy's American Kitchen and Bar

We tried Guy's when it first opened a few years ago. The New York Times had given it a blistering review, but we are Guy Fieri fans, and thought we would give it a try.

We liked it.

Apparently so did a lot of other people, because two years later, Guy is still in business.

The menu is considerably smaller now, but still contains Guy's unique twist on American classics.

Interestingly, I ordered exactly the same dish I enjoyed here two years ago, the Hawaiian barbecued chicken. Half a chicken in a tangy sauce, served over rice pilaf and accompanied by a spicy mango salsa. The chicken was tasty but the breast was a bit dry. Rice pilaf was very good. The salsa was too spicy, I couldn't taste the fruit.

Drew had a steak with chipotle sauce, which he said had just the right "kick". The Rojo onion rings, however, were a bit too spicy.

Overall, a pleasant dinner.







Click to add a blog post for Guy's American Kitchen & Bar on Zomato

Comments

  1. I debated visiting when I went to see Matilda last year. Heard about the scathing reviews and opted for Sardi's for a drink and large appetizer before the show and a NJ diner burger afterwards.

    I enjoy triple D, and have dined at many of those places, but I wasn't sure how the NYC restaurant would match up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A