life in and around NYC is insane
Tuesday, August 2, 2016
So we went to The Pit Stop about a month ago, and I enjoyed the experience so much that I was determined to come back and try something else.
Listed on the menu as a "signature dish" is The Pit Stop's "spaghetti squash primavera". It's the dish the owner prepared for Guy Fieri on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
I had to try it.
Spaghetti squash, zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower...marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese.
The dish was served in a bowl, not in the shell from the spaghetti squash, and with less mozzarella than you see depicted in the cooking segment. But ...oh, wow. A completely vegetarian dish, relative low calorie, and incredibly rich and satisfying.
This dyed-in-the-wool carnivore never missed the meat.
I'd ordered a side dish of grilled mixed vegetables. I took the grilled vegetables home, I was too full after the spaghetti squash.
Yes, this place is definitely going to be one of my "go-to" restaurants.
Posted by songbird's crazy world at 9:51 AM
- The waning days of summer
- The thing about local baseball...
- Thomas's Ham 'n' Eggery
- The human sponge
- save a life and you have saved the world
- To boldly go...
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rennaisance Faire
- Orange Top Diner
- get up and move
- Songbird loves the 80's: CATS
- worried ....
- Vacation All I ever wanted....
- Mi Casa Dominican restaurant
- Political violence
- Abraham, Martin and John
- I am a wild woman!
- Ronald Reagan and James Brady
- Mouse Trap Survivor Cheese Commercial
- Gabby Giffords
- Yigal Amir
- V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summer sun
- Cafe Society
- Lay's Tikka Masala
- Another this and that
- The Olympics
- Sunken Meadow redux
- Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavor...
- The Pit Stop redux
- high school reunion
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)