Drew is a member of the class of '76. Yes, he graduated from high school during the Bicentennial. Hard to believe it was 40 years ago.
So Saturday night found us at a local hotel for the 40th reunion. Open bar, buffet dinner, DJ and dancing.
There were 500 people in his graduating class. Only 65-75 people showed up for the reunion. Some have moved away and couldn't get back to Long Island, some have passed away, and some just didn't have the interest...
(Two years from now, when my class has a reunion, you can put me in the "didn't have the interest" category.)
I really didn't know anyone at the reunion. I ate, I danced, I made small talk with people I don't know and will likely never see again. Not a great evening, but not a bad one either.
It was Drew's night to have fun, and he did.
life in and around NYC is insane
- The waning days of summer
- The thing about local baseball...
- Thomas's Ham 'n' Eggery
- The human sponge
- save a life and you have saved the world
- To boldly go...
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rennaisance Faire
- Orange Top Diner
- get up and move
- Songbird loves the 80's: CATS
- worried ....
- Vacation All I ever wanted....
- Mi Casa Dominican restaurant
- Political violence
- Abraham, Martin and John
- I am a wild woman!
- Ronald Reagan and James Brady
- Mouse Trap Survivor Cheese Commercial
- Gabby Giffords
- Yigal Amir
- V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summer sun
- Cafe Society
- Lay's Tikka Masala
- Another this and that
- The Olympics
- Sunken Meadow redux
- Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavor...
- The Pit Stop redux
- high school reunion
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)