The autumn equinox isn't until September 21, the weather in September is generally warm and sunny. Yet when Labor Day arrives, we all turn our calendars to "Fall".
Drew went back to work this week, Jen goes back next week. The community pool is about to close for the season, the fall TV shows are about to premiere. My mailbox is stuffed with catalogues featuring the new fall fashions.
I went to Sunken Meadow after work yesterday. Can't tell you how many high school sports teams were there, taking a run on the boardwalk.
I took a 3 mile walk, and it felt so good. But by the time I finished walking, the sun had set, and the park employees were beginning to move people off the sand -- the park closes at dusk. In a few short weeks I won't be able to go for a walk here...
I guess that's why I haven't been to the gym in the last few weeks. I've wanted to be outside, to squeeze in as much summer as I can ...
life in and around NYC is insane
- The waning days of summer
- The thing about local baseball...
- Thomas's Ham 'n' Eggery
- The human sponge
- save a life and you have saved the world
- To boldly go...
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rennaisance Faire
- Orange Top Diner
- get up and move
- Songbird loves the 80's: CATS
- worried ....
- Vacation All I ever wanted....
- Mi Casa Dominican restaurant
- Political violence
- Abraham, Martin and John
- I am a wild woman!
- Ronald Reagan and James Brady
- Mouse Trap Survivor Cheese Commercial
- Gabby Giffords
- Yigal Amir
- V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summer sun
- Cafe Society
- Lay's Tikka Masala
- Another this and that
- The Olympics
- Sunken Meadow redux
- Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavor...
- The Pit Stop redux
- high school reunion
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)