The Pit Stop

The Pit Stop Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



The first time I went to The Pit Stop was about five years ago, right after Guy Fieri featured it on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.  I really liked the place, really liked my meal.  But for some reason, I never went back.  Until the other night.  And now I'm wondering why it took me so long to get back here.



The place looks like an old fashioned hamburger stand.  You order your food at the counter and bring your tray to a table.  But if you think you're limited to burgers and fries.... yes, they do have burgers,  but they also have so much more.



How about a quinoa burger?  Grilled mahi mahi sandwich?  Teriyaki glazed salmon salad?  A grilled shrimp wrap with black bean mango salsa?  Or their signature dish, spaghetti squash primavera?



I wasn't particularly imaginative when we were here the other night, I ordered a plain burger (pickles and ketchup) with a side of grilled vegetables instead of fries.  The food was cooked to order, the burger was fresh and juicy. The vegetables -- yellow squash, zucchini, bell peppers and eggplant --were perfectly cooked, soft but not mushy, and served with soy sauce for dipping. 



I think I'll be making more pit stops in the future....




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday