Another this and that

Weight Watchers reported its 2nd quarter earnings on Thursday.  They did not meet expectations, their revenue was lower than anticipated.  The price of their stock fell, of course.  I'm not surprised.

I'm back to following the Weight Watchers plan....the old one, Points Plus, that I loved.  It's a much better plan than what they offer now.  I downloaded an app called iTrackBites.  I'm still tracking calories on My Fitness Plan, I love the nutritional feedback you get from that app.  I'm finding that  doing Points Plus encourages me to eat more fruits and vegetables than I was eating when I was simply counting calories.

Not to mention, I've used that app consistently since I started the process in March 2015, so I can see exactly how I'm doing on this weight loss journey.

Although my official weigh in day is Monday, I got on the scale this morning.  And saw a number I haven't seen since before Becca was born. 

Total weight loss since I joined My Fitness Pal?  68 pounds.

I have a mini goal, a weight I want to reach before Drew and I go on our cruise in October.  I'm five pounds away from meeting my mini goal.  If I hit that number in before the end of September, I may have to adjust the goal,  and that's not a bad thing. 


So I haven't been going to the gym as frequently as I planned.  The weather's been too nice, I'm finding myself walking at the beach or park instead.  And trying to get to the community pool when I can.  I'm really enjoying getting my exercise outdoors.  I'm not a natural athlete like my daughters, but I'm doing OK.  The exercise is paying off.  I feel good.  I feel strong.  I feel healthy. 

I'm worried about Drew, though.  He's become very "high maintenance".  I joke that he's got lots of new friends, all with the same first name: doctor.  But the truth of the matter is, he has some serious stuff going on right now and it's making him miserable.  I'm hoping things will get better soon. 

My mom seems to be doing ok after that short stint in the hospital.  She's got great doctors, she'll be fine. 

My friend is back on her feet, literally and figuratively.  In fact, she's on vacation this week, attending a music festival.  she goes to this festival every year, and it would have been horrible if she'd had to miss the festival due to poor health.

Yes, I think you can say my friend's misfortunes have inspired me.

Never take good health for granted. 

And on that note, I wish you all continued good health.

Comments

  1. We rarely appreciate good health until it vanishes one day. I work with someone whose husband has serious medical issues (and, on top of that, she had a son serving in Afghanistan for part of that time and, sadly, he brought some issues home with him) she tells me how she tries to keep an upbeat attitude. But it's the same thing - a lot of doctors visits, and one thing after another. I'll be thinking of both of you. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday