The first time was in college. I had never done it before, but everyone else was doing it. I admit, I was both curious and fearful. Curiosity won the day. So I let the vampire remove a pint of the precious red substance, my lifeblood.
Yes, I've been donating blood since I was in college. I am a proud member of the Gallon Club.
Last week I tried something different. Platelet donation.
It's a more complicated process than a whole blood donation, and requires a longer time commitment. It was a bit uncomfortable, but not painful. I wasn't sure I would agree to do it again...
Until the nurse/phlebotomist told we "We have enough for two doses. You've saved two lives today."
life in and around NYC is insane
- The waning days of summer
- The thing about local baseball...
- Thomas's Ham 'n' Eggery
- The human sponge
- save a life and you have saved the world
- To boldly go...
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rennaisance Faire
- Orange Top Diner
- get up and move
- Songbird loves the 80's: CATS
- worried ....
- Vacation All I ever wanted....
- Mi Casa Dominican restaurant
- Political violence
- Abraham, Martin and John
- I am a wild woman!
- Ronald Reagan and James Brady
- Mouse Trap Survivor Cheese Commercial
- Gabby Giffords
- Yigal Amir
- V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summer sun
- Cafe Society
- Lay's Tikka Masala
- Another this and that
- The Olympics
- Sunken Meadow redux
- Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavor...
- The Pit Stop redux
- high school reunion
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)