save a life and you have saved the world

The first time was in college.  I had never done it before, but everyone else was doing it.  I admit, I was both curious and fearful. Curiosity won the day. So I  let the vampire remove a pint of the precious red substance, my lifeblood.

Yes, I've been donating blood since I was in college.  I am a proud member of the Gallon Club. 

Last week I tried something different.  Platelet donation.

It's a more complicated process than a whole blood donation, and requires a longer time commitment.  It was a bit uncomfortable, but not painful.  I wasn't sure I would agree to do it again...

Until the nurse/phlebotomist told we "We have enough for two doses.  You've saved two lives today."




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday