Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavors of potato chips, limited editions that can either be wonderful or horrible.
This year's flavors are Chinese Szechuan Chicken, Brazilian Picanha, Wavy Greek Tzatziki and Kettle Cooked Indian Tikka Masala. I think this year's offerings are supposed to spark interest in the Olympics and/or international travel.
I have no interest in the Chinese or Brazilian flavors -- the idea of a potato chip flavored to resemble meat just doesn't appeal to me.
But given that I am a sucker for Greek food, I had to try the Greek Tzatziki chips. I also bought the Tikka Masala chips, but haven't tried them yet.
Tzatziki makes sense as a chip flavor. I guess that's because it's a dip. I mean, we all eat potato chips flavored with sour cream and onion, after all. Tzatziki has a slightly different taste, it's yogurt and garlic and herbs. If you like sour cream and onion flavored chips, you'll probably like these, too.
life in and around NYC is insane
- The waning days of summer
- The thing about local baseball...
- Thomas's Ham 'n' Eggery
- The human sponge
- save a life and you have saved the world
- To boldly go...
- Making Strides Against Breast Cancer
- Rennaisance Faire
- Orange Top Diner
- get up and move
- Songbird loves the 80's: CATS
- worried ....
- Vacation All I ever wanted....
- Mi Casa Dominican restaurant
- Political violence
- Abraham, Martin and John
- I am a wild woman!
- Ronald Reagan and James Brady
- Mouse Trap Survivor Cheese Commercial
- Gabby Giffords
- Yigal Amir
- V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summer sun
- Cafe Society
- Lay's Tikka Masala
- Another this and that
- The Olympics
- Sunken Meadow redux
- Every summer, Lay's comes out with four new flavor...
- The Pit Stop redux
- high school reunion
- ▼ August (30)
- ► 2015 (395)
- ► 2014 (359)
- ► 2013 (243)
- ► 2012 (271)
- ► 2011 (269)
- ► 2010 (367)
- ► 2009 (296)