The Olympics

The Olympics begin tonight.

Is Rio ready?  We've heard all the usual delayed construction stories, as well as a few new to this venue -- polluted waterways, the Zika virus.  We've already seen athletes and reporters headed for Ipanema and Copacabana. preparing for the games.

I didn't watch very much of the London games four years ago.  I think the highlight, for me, was seeing Ali Raisman perform her floor routine to "Hava Nagila", and the bold statement she made about the Israeli athletes lost at Munich in 1972.

I plan to record tonight's Opening Ceremony so I can fast forward through all the boring parts.  I'll probably watch the gymnastics, maybe some of the swimming.  And the closing ceremonies, of course.  But the rest?  Probably not.

For the next two weeks we will get an endless stream of Olympic news, so at least we get a break from Donald Trump's mouth.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday