the promise of spring

So for  the past few days my Facebook news feed was filled with reports from Port St. Lucie.  The Mets have officially begun their spring training. Time to plan our trips to Citi Field.

The Jewish holiday of Purim will be March 4.  It's a fun holiday, like Mardi Gras, with costumes and parties and carnivals for the kids.    Purim is exactly one month before Passover, so as you finish off the last of those great cookies called hamantashen, you have to start planning your Seder

My mailbox is overflowing with catalogs featuring pretty spring clothes.

Did you know that in Ancient Rome, the New Year was celebrated on March 1?

Spring.  New life, new beginnings.  I guess I'm so down on this cold and snow that I can't help look for signs that better days are coming.


And as we transition to warm,sunny days...who knows what changes the new season may bring?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday