NaBloPoMo prompt: Tell us about a dish you attempted to make that ended in disaster. Have you ever re-attempted the meal?

You've probably seen it on Pinterest or in someone's Facebook feed:  One Pot Garlic Pasta.

It's a fairly simple recipe.  You sauté garlic in olive oil and butter, add chicken broth, cook your pasta in the broth mixture, then add cream, parsley  and Parmesan to make a sauce.  You don't have to drain the pasta, and the resulting sauce is supposed to remind you of a creamy Alfredo.

Leave it to me to screw it up.

I used a pot that was far too large, so the broth was absorbed before the pasta was tender.  Thank goodness I had more broth, added it to the pan while the pasta was cooking.  If I do this recipe again, I'll use a pot that is smaller and deeper.

And I'll measure the cheese next time.  I put far too much cheese into the pot.  It melted nicely, but when it sat on the plates for awhile it congealed into a horrible mess.

Live and learn.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday