Another this and that

Becca has been dating someone new.   She won't call him a "boyfriend", and I don't know how serious it is, but I'm glad to see her moving on.

Jen seems happy with her boyfriend.  She's spending a lot of time at his house.    It's good to see her happy.

But I'd like her to focus  on career again...she's stagnating and needs to figure out what she wants to do.  She was very upset after that bad experience coaching the cheer team. She may have soured on teaching altogether.

Though I do get some grim satisfaction knowing that the backstabber, the who made Jen so miserable that she quit coaching, couldn't manage to put a competition squad together, and completely trashed the cheer program.

Becca is looking to move out.  Lots of drama there.  Not from Becca, from the girl she wanted to live with, and the girl's parents.  They were on the verge of signing a lease....but now she's looking for a studio.  Sigh.


I really, really want the girls and Drew to end their current hostilities.  Maybe for his birthday (today), or at least by Thursday -- he's having back surgery.  (Yeah, I'm a bit worried...) 


Yeah, I know, I'm whining about the winter weather a lot lately ... but those ads for cruises, for tropical resorts, those places with palm trees and turquoise waters and etc., are really making me crazy.    I prefer a t shirt and flip flops, not a parka and boots. Yes, "snow" is a four-letter word.
A lot of friends are heading to Florida, and I'm jealous.

And it doesn't help that all the sports reporters are headed to warm climates for sprng training.  I love baseball, but it's torture...

Tuesday was Tu B'Shevat, a minor Jewish holiday similar to Arbor Day  It's the "new year for trees" and  hints at the coming of spring.  Well, in Israel perhaps, where the weather is warmer, but not here in New York.  Hard to say spring is close at hand with a foot of snow on the ground..

My car door froze shut the other night.  Again.  I hate when that happens.

The good news about February...and yes, there's some good news...is that we really eat well this month.  Lots of chains offer a "free meal" on your birthday...I love checking my email this time of year.

Doesn't take much to make me happy, I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A