Groundhog Day

Tradition holds that on Groundhog Day,  if it is cloudy when a groundhog emerges from its burrow,  then spring will come early; if it is sunny, the groundhog will  see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and there will be six more weeks of winter weather.

You know what I am rooting for, of course.  I am so sick of the cold, the raw gray days, the snow.  I really need the spring.  Winter is NOT my season.  Not one little bit.

This is the time of year I start longing for Caribbean beaches and palm trees and turquoise waters.  Where the song I hear in my head is usually something by Jimmy Buffett or the Beach Boys.  I want to trade in my cozy socks and warm sweaters for a t shirt and a pair of flip flops.  I want a pina colada and a plate full of coconut fried shrimp.

We were supposed to go to Florida this month.  We have friends who recently moved to Tampa.  Had to cancel the trip for various reasons.  How I wish we didn't, I could use a few days of sunshine.

Sigh.

Considering we have a "snow emergency" in effect in our town today, I think the Groundhog may come through for me ...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday