Songbird Salutes the 70's: Monty Python

OK, I admit it. I'm a fraud. One of the biggest cultural phenomena of the 70's, and I was not a part of it.

Monty Python's Flying Circus was cerebral, intellectual slapstick, silly and intelligent all at once. And raunchy. Very, very raunchy.

Show ran for 45 episodes on the BBC from 1969 through 1974, and spawned comedy albums, movies and even a Broadway musical.

But on Sunday . . .

Well, the surviving Pythons did a live show in the UK. It was broadcast around the world. Here in the US you had to go to a movie theater to see the satellite feed.

So Drew and I found ourselves in the multiplex Sunday afternoon.

OMG it was a funny show!

Wish I'd discovered them back in the day ...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday