Back to work!

New job, new challenges. Getting to know my new coworkers. What I am doing now is a bit different than what I did at my former place of employment but draws upon the same knowledge base and analytical skills. All of us on the team have been working in the industry upwards of 25 years. We've been called upon to bring our expertise to the client's most recent problem.



The plan is for us to work at the client's premises for 90 days, then move to our own facility. The client is in lower Manhattan, our offices are on Long Island. We have been here a week.



My former employer is headquartered in lower Manhattan. When I was first hired, in 2002, my department was located there. After we moved to Jersey City, in 2004, I would periodically visit our headquarters, but it's not the same as being there every day.



So it's kind of exciting to go to work these days, to explore all the options I have at lunchtime.



And I won't have to deal with the awful commute next winter, because by that time we'll be back in our own offices.



I'm going to enjoy this.


Becca starts her new job today. Her first "real" job. She's excited and nervous. She will be commuting to midtown.

It's the second week of camp for Jen. She's been a counselor since she was 17. Her current responsibilities include teaching zip line, rock climbing wall and archery -- tasks she learned last year.but of course. She!s 23 and a college graduate, of course they're giving her more responsibilities.

Irony of the day. All during the school year, when I did the grocery shopping I was mindful of what Jen needed so she could pack a lunch to take to work. She doesn't have to pack a lunch for camp, they feed her. So now I need to be aware of what Becca wants to pack for lunch!






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday