Ipsy update

So tonight I got a system-generated email advising that I now have tracking information, but that it may take up to 48 hours for the link to be activated  .I have NOT received a response to the emails I sent to customer service.  And no, the link isn't active yet.

I know, this is not an earth-shattering problem.  the sun will rise and set tomorrow regardless of what happens with my Ipsy bag.

But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be peeved.  I paid for that bag 10 days ago and still don't have it.

A company markets a subscription bag like Ipsy to attract customers.  Give them samples at a bargain price in hopes they will stick around and buy more product from your company, and in this internet age you want them to share positive experiences on social media.

 One of the hooks Ipsy uses is a waiting list, but you can skip the wait if you link your Ipsy account to your Facebook and YouTube accounts.

Smart plan, unless it backfires.


Customers buy these subscription products because they're fun.   the primary purpose of Ipsy is to introduce the customer to fun and exciting cosmetic products, to experiment with new things for a very little outlay of cash.

For me, there's a second element of fun.  My subscription bags and boxes are a little gift I give myself.  I enjoy the anticipation, I enjoy opening the box or bag and seeing what was chosen for me.    So when I logged into my account and saw what was supposed to be in my as-yet unshipped Ipsy bag, part of the fun was ruined for me.

You know, I'm not expecting to be treated as royalty for a lousy $10 a month.  But I do expect proper customer service.  And this month, customer service is definitely lacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday