Ipsy July 2014 bag ... a bit peeved

So last month I subscribed to Ipsy.  For $10 a month, you get a bag of cosmetics.    My first bag arrived June 15, and with one notable exception, I liked all the products.  It's like getting a gift, half the fun of the subscription is unwrapping the products and seeing what they picked out for you.

I was looking forward to the July bag.  And that's why I am not happy right now.

Lat month's bag arrived June 15.  Today is July 15, and I haven't gotten so much as a tracking code.

The money for this month's bag was deducted July 7.  It's customary to deduct the cost of an item when you're ready to ship it, so I was curious why my bag hadn't shipped.

I went to the Ipsy website.

Ipsy is obviously having a major shipping problem, several others posted messages on the site asking where their bags are.

More annoying?  Even though they haven't generated a shipping code, when I signed into my account, I got a message about what was in the bag -- describing each item -- and asking me which one I liked best.  And because I linked my Ipsy account to Facebook, the website automatically posted messages to my wall about having received my Ipsy bag and loving one of the products that I got.


Not cool, Ipsy.  The delay is bad enough, but this was salt in the wound.

So I emailed the company.  And got an auto-generated response.  They'll get  back to me in about 3 days.

The way they build up their product and customer expectations, you'd think they were selling the Elixir of Life, not $10 worth of eye shadow and moisturizer.

I am probably going to enjoy the products if and when the bag arrives.  But my customer service expectations have not been met.  Ipsy fell far short of the mark.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A