Guardians of the Galaxy

So I've been hearing about a new Marvel Comics movie, "Guardians of the Galaxy". Saw the trailers and thought I'd love the movie.

Drew and I are on several mailing lists where we sometimes get an offer to see a blockbuster movie for free, just before it opens, in hopes that we will like the movie and spread the word.

We got what appeared to be one of those offers for "Guardians".

But when we got there tonight, we found out that what we were about to see was simply 17 minutes of the movie.

Now, we got to see an 11 minute preview of 'Star Trek: Into Darkness" awhile back, but it was shown as an extra, just before a movie we'd paid for.

But to have people come to a theater just for 17 minutes of film...not so nice. And the ad was deceptive, a lot of people were mislead and thought they!d be seeing the whole movie.

Well, despite the sour taste in my mouth because of how the event was promoted, I must say that the 17 minutes of film I saw was fantastic. They showed us footage from early in the movie, full of action and humor. I really wanted to find out what happens next. I will most definitely see the movie when it opens.

The premise is that a motley group of characters breaks out of prison and form a group designed to rescue the galaxy from oppressive forces. I don't read the comic books, so I can't tell where the story is going, but I'd like to find out.


Afterwards we wound up at Johnny Rockets. Still a great place for burgers and fries. I ordered the Route 66 burger, with cheese, mushrooms and grilled onions.  Yum.

Service was friendly and efficient.  Server made a mistake with one of our orders but was very quick to fix the problem. Definitely one of our favorite burger joints.


Johnny Rockets on Urbanspoon

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday