Chipotle

The trend in fast-food Mexican is "build your own". You pick your ingredients and they assemble your tacos or burrito according to your instructions.

There are several chains that follow this formula. The first time I encountered it was at a Chipotle on Long Island. I was hooked.

I hadn't been to a Chipotle in awhile. There's a really good mom-and-pop near Drew's house, we go there often. And there's no Chipotle in Jersey City, so we had to satisfy our cravings at Salsarita's -- a similar chain. In fact, the joke was that Salsarita's was a poor substitute for Chipolte.

So I was excited to see a Chipolte just a short walk from my new office.

Sad to say, the bloom is off the rose.

I mean, the food was good, but nothing to rave about. I had a steak bowl -- rice, black beans, tomatoes, corn, cheese, sour cream and guacamole. Too much guacamole, my steak was swimming in it. It was a very large portion, and I couldn't finish it. Very expensive, too. I paid almost $15 for the bowl and a soda; a similar meal at Salsarita's in Jersey City, even adding chips and a dip, would be about $11.

So I was a little disappointed. It wasn't a bad meal, but there was no "wow" factor.

Sigh.

Chipotle Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday