Yummy China Buffet

I had heard that this was an excellent buffet. So when we got a flyer with coupons, we had to try it.

A storefront located on busy Merrick Avenue, the restaurant has ample parking in a lot behind the building. The restaurant is relatively small for an all-you-can-eat buffet, but at 8:00 on a Friday night there were only a few customers, and no wait to be seated.

I usually start with sushi. There wasn't much of a selection laid out, but the chef offered to make up any roll on the menu. Drew likes hibachi, and found that the combination prepared for him was tasty.

As for the rest -- there are only two small buffet servers, not a lot of selection, and very few vegetables. The food is not kept as hot as I would have liked. I enjoyed the chicken in garlic sauce, the coconut shrimp and the boneless ribs. I didn't see any beef dishes, which was disappointing. Fried rice was decent but not fantastic.

 Drew said the crawfish needed seasoning. The only condiments at our table were sugar and sugar substitute. Some, but not all, of the tables had hot sauce. Soy sauce, salt, pepper, etc. could be found on the buffet servers -- very inconvenient, if you decide to add salt to your food after you've tasted it.

Overall, it wasn't a bad experience. But given the multitude of Asian buffet restaurants in the area, I doubt we will go back to this one.


Click to add a blog post for Yummy China Buffet Restaurant on Zomato

  - Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday