Ready, Set, Go

But where?

I've been a bit introspective lately, a bit sad over things that happened...

I walk a lonely road
The only one that I have ever known
Don't know where it goes
But it's home to me and I walk alone

I walk this empty street
On the Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Where the city sleeps
And I'm the only one and I walk alone


I just want to slip away, forget my problems ....

Carefree highway, let me slip away on you
Carefree highway, you seen better days
The morning after blues from my head down to my shoes
Carefree highway, let me slip away, slip away on you


But then, the road starts to heal me ...

Everyday is a winding road
I get a little bit closer
Everyday is a faded sign
I get a little bit closer to feeling fine



And then I find direction...

The long and winding road that leads to your door
Will never disappear.
I've seen that road before,
It always leads me here, lead me your door


And then...

Now I'm walking on sunshine, whoa
I'm walking on sunshine, whoa
I'm walking on sunshine, whoa
And don't it feel good
Hey, all right now
And don't it feel good
Hey, yeah



And finally, the realization comes:


Life is a highway
I wanna ride it all night long
If you're going my way
I wanna drive it all night long


So:

Get your motor runnin'
Head out on the highway
Lookin' for adventure
And whatever comes our way
Yeah Darlin' go make it happen
Take the world in a love embrace
Fire all of your guns at once
And explode into space


And:

Oh, yesterday's over my shoulder,
So I can't look back for too long.
There's just too much to see waiting in front of me,
and I know that I just can't go wrong
with these  changes in latitudes,
changes in attitudes,

Nothing remains quite the same.
 If I couldn't laugh I just would go insane
If we couldn't laugh we just would go insane
If we weren't all crazy we would go insane


 









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday