Wednesday Hodgepodge

 1. "Hope springs eternal"...discuss. 

It's a trite and hackneyed phrase.  But I  like it.  Because I am eternally an optimist.

2. Last time you needed to 'spring into action' or 'spring to someone's defense'...explain. 

I "spring to someone's defense" almost every day.  It's what I do for a living as an insurance defense attorney.

3. Tulips or daffodils? baby birds or baby bunnies? The cherry tree or the dogwood tree? Jelly beans or peeps? March madness or spring training? Peas or carrots? 

Hard to choose between tulips or daffodils, both are pretty.

I like birds (gee, with a name like Robin, was there any question?) but honestly, bunnies are cuter. 

I'd have to pick dogwoods only because there are dogwoods at my mother's house, the house I grew up in.  I do like cherry trees, though.  

Jelly beans.  I like Peeps, but I love jelly beans.

I'm a Mets fan, don't really follow basketball, so spring training is my choice. 

Peas, but only fresh or frozen -- the canned peas are awful.

4. I read an article here on the South's best cities on the rise. They are-Baton Rouge Louisiana, Fayetteville Arkansas, Greenville South Carolina, Huntsville Alabama, Lexington Kentucky, Norfolk Virginia, Tulsa Oklahoma, Waco Texas, Wilmington North Carolina, and Winston-Salem North Carolina. Of the cities listed how many have you seen in person? Which one on the list would you most like to see? Have you spent much time in the southern states (USA)? Any spring road trips on your calendar? 

Of all the cities you mentioned, the only one I have visited in Lexington.  Business trip a few years ago, but I did get to do some touristy things.  Nice city.  

I've spent time in Virginia and I drove through South Carolina, and thought both states were lovely.  I think I'd visit the cities in NOrth Carolina.

We are planning a road trip for the summer, but we're not going too far -- maybe Pennsylvania.  

5. Tell us how your outdoor space needs sprucing up this spring? Which do you enjoy more (or hate the least-ha!) yard work or house work? 

My apartment is on the second floor of a two family house.  The family downstairs has the yard, but I have a small patio.  I have two chairs and a small table out there.  I might add a few potted plants.

So clearly yard work isn't part of my life these days.  I answer "housework" by default.

6. Insert your own random thought here.  

Spring has finally arrived on Long Island.  I am enjoying the warmer weather and I am anxiously awaiting the sight of the first robin of spring.  

Comments

  1. There will come a day sooner than later that I won't appreciate having so much yard. We saw our first Robins last week. That's always fun. Hope the rest of your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer 2 was suited perfectly for you :) Yes, Spring has arrived on LI. The birds are going crazy but I love hearing them. I love jelly beans too! Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are in the midst of full blown spring down in Alabama. There are tiny green leaves on almost all of our trees. The ones that flower have burst out in a riot of color. Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Optimism is a good thing and optimists are definitely more fun to be around : ) We've had a lot of rainy gray weather here this month, but I guess that's March. April brings the pollen and then we'll be into boating weather and we are so ready. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you for buying the Robin's eggs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A balcony sounds lovely. I'm not a gardener, either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I imagine you spring into action a lot being an insurance attorney. Balcony sounds appealing to me...I like having a yard but on some days I don't like all the extra work that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday