Wednesday HodgePodge

 1. This week's Hodgepodge lands on St. Patrick's Day. Will you wear green? Eat corned beef and cabbage? Drink green beer? Have you ever been to Ireland? Is it on your travel 'bucket list'?

I can't seem to find anything green in my closet that's suitable for winter weather, so no, I'm not wearing green today.  I don't drink beer, but I did buy some Irish soda bread and I might have corned beef tonight.  Ireland is on my bucket list.

2. Something you think is 'worth its weight in gold'? 

My Rachel Ray non stick cookware.  Never imagined I'd be in love with pots and pans, I'm not very "domestic", but these are great.

3. Something that makes you 'green around the gills'? 

Very tall roller coasters, especially ones that loop upside down.  I can handle the coasters at Disney in Florida, they're not scary, but anything  that's tall and loopy and fast ... nope.

4. What puts a 'spring in your step' these days? 

I moved house in December, and I now live a mere 10 minute drive to the beach.  Can't wait for warmer weather.

5. Write a limerick using one of the following as your theme....March, St. Patrick's Day, Covid, 2020 and/or 2021, the color green, or life lately. Yes, you can do it. 

There once was a virus so mean

It drove everyone from the scene.

For a year we stayed home,

Not permitted to roam.

But that will change now --  thanks vaccine!

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

Local landmark, the Water Tower at Jones Beach.  I now live in the same zip code as this landmark...



Comments

  1. Robin,

    Ha, I like your limerick! You did a great job rhyming. Hey congrats on the recent move! I had no idea. My brain is in a fog most days. Happy St. Paddy's Day, darlin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your limerick is great! I love the beach year round and hope you get to enjoy this new area outdoors and with actual people soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job on the limerick! I've enjoyed reading them.
    I don't drink beer either.

    Nice to visit you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 10 minute drive to the beach... Does that mean it's walking distance? Or is it a touch too far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for a 10 minute drive to the beach! Happy St. Patrick's day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAZE says 13 minutes , 9.9 miles — it’s all highway.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice that you live so close to the beach! I enjoyed your limerick too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the limerick!
    I moved FROM the beach--and yes, I miss it. But I'm focusing on trees and streams.
    And I agree on the roller coasters. [insert green face]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday