the light at the end of the tunnel

 Zoom funerals are hard, and I’m not just talking about the technical issues  -- of which there were several.  I just kept thinking that I should have been there in person, but I couldn't be there because of Covid.  But Covid was the reason we had a funeral to begin with.  Sigh. There have been over 500,000 similar funerals....


Drew had minor surgery yesterday.  Not to worry, he's fine.  But it was so weird!  Pre-Covid I would have gone to the hospital with him, I would have spent the day in the waiting room...but yesterday I simply dropped him off and drove away, and spent the day waiting for my phone to ring...


But the vaccines!  three of them now.  We will have enough vaccine for every American adult who wants one by the end of May. Masks and social distancing will be with us for awhile, of course.  


But after a year of this pandemic, we are all fatigued...and hoping our lives return to s sembalnce of normal soon ....

Comments

  1. Yes, we are all fatigued...that doesn't begin to describe it. I am sorry for your loss. I am truly fortunate; I have not personally known anyone who definitely died from COVID, just one friend whose cause of death was in some doubt. She had many comorbidities and tried to shelter in her house but it may have found her anyway. We'll never know for sure. But I know, or have been online acquaintances with, several people who lost a parent, a best friend, or, in two cases, a husband. Now, when it's all over, a lot of us are going to have anxiety about resuming what was once our normal lives. And, for the long COVID sufferers, this isn't going to be over for a long time. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funeral was a mere 20 minutes from where I live. I would have been there, hearing my cousin cry and y over the Zoom connection...not something I'd ever want to repeat.

      A few months ago I went to a Zoom shiva, the deceased was in his late 80's, he died of other causes, but again...in normal times I would have paid a shiva call at the house. It's so hard for the families, isn't it?

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear all is well with Drew. Things are done differently now than before Covid for sure. It's really strange. I can't wait for normal life to return, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad to have a Zoom funeral. Sorry for your loss. Things are looking up, that's for sure. Maybe we'll be out of this sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday