Sunday stealing

 1. An unforgettable day in my life.

We all have days -- graduations, weddings, the birth of a child -- that are indelible.  And memorable sad days, like the loss of a loved one.  I'm not going to write about any of those.

I used to work for a company that would close at 1 PM on Fridays.  It was a perk they gave employees one year (before I was hired)  when there was no money for raises or bonuses, and the custom had endured.  


So it was March, the weather was halfway decent, and I had time on my hands...


I drove down to Jones Beach and took a walk on the Boardwalk.  









It felt so good to be there in the sun, when there weren't a lot of people around...


The first of many off-season visits to the beach.


2. My favorite snacks

Right now I am loving goat cheese mixed with dried cranberries and spread on a Ritz.  Pretzels dipped in hummus.  And anything chocolate.

3. My biggest fashion accessory

Right now that would have to be a face mask.  Pre-Covid I would have said earrings. I love long, dangling earrings, but it's hard to wear them with a mask.

4. My biggest celebrity crush

My very first crush?


Current love?



5. One Hobby I would like to learn

Knitting and/or crochet.  I was taught how to crochet in home economics class, but I've never really been good at it.

6. My OCD habits

Oh, please...I am a disorganized procrastinator, no OCD habits here...

7. If I could eat one last meal

No, please don't make me choose...how about an all-you-can-eat buffet?  A bit of steak, some shrimp scampi, spare ribs, gyro on pita, a little bit of lasagna....


8. Working on my fitness

Well, I do pay the monthly fee to Planet Fitness...and I wear my Fitbit....

9. What I spend money on

These days it's gadgets for my kitchen.  My favorite new toy:






10. My favorite recipe

SWEET & SOUR MEATBALLS

MEATBALLS:

1 lb. ground meat
1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/3 c. minced onions
1/4 c. milk
1 egg
1 tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper to taste

SAUCE:

1 bottle Heinz chili sauce
1 (10 oz.) jar grape jelly

Mix ingredients for meatballs together thoroughly. Shape into walnut-sized balls. Brown meatballs and pour off grease. In a saucepan melt grape jelly on medium heat, add chili sauce and stir well. Add to meatballs, simmer and serve. This is a crowd pleaser!!


11. The best part of each season

I like the change of seasons, I like each season...well, except winter.  I can take the cold and snow in small doses, I marvel at how beautiful it is...but I am usually done with winter long before winter is done with me....

12. A life lesson I’ve learned

Letting go of grudges is liberating.

13. My inspiration to blog

A good friend was blogging every day and urged me to give it a try.  She has since stopped blogging -- too busy with other pursuits -- but I have kept up the habit.

14. What’s inside my closet?

Clothes.  A lot of clothes.  I've actually pruned my wardrobe but I still have a lot of clothes...

15. Let me brag a minute.

My daughter Jen. 


My daughter Becca.


Every day I marvel that I have managed to raise two beautiful, kind, caring, compassionate, intelligent, creative, hard working, self sufficient, dedicated,  independent, loyal, understanding ... I could go  on all day about their attributes ... needless to say I am a very proud mom...


Comments

  1. No one says you have to be *good* at knitting and/or crochet. You can always tailor your projects to your skill level. And they're not mistakes, they're design elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your daughters are lovely! Your answer is spot on about the face masks! I finally found one that I like and I have about six of them and wear them all of the time. Two of my co-workers match their masks every day with their clothing. Like I said on my post, I'm doing good to have on clothes and earrings - haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I’m a proud mom. And yeah, face masks...

      Delete
  3. I just taught my granddaughter to crochet. She loves it! I love those meatballs too. So delicious. Your daughters should always be a blessing to you. Nothing is as satisfying as being a proud Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Letting go of grudges IS liberating. I totally agree.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday