Songbird Salutes the 70's: Rest In Peace, Robin Williams

So Becca and I were on the train coming home from work, and she turned to me and said "I can't believe it. Robin Williams died."

Her thoughts turned to Aladdin, Jumanji, Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire. She said "A piece of my childhood is gone."

My thoughts were more along the lines of Dead Poets Society, Good Morning Vietnam, The Birdcage.

And then I realized, a piece of my youth is gone, too.

1978 taught us the phrase "Mork calling Orson, come in Orson." We learned to say "nanu nanu" and "shazbat". We saw a young, crazy, manic comic, spewing a steady stream of comedic thoughts. He was like nothing we had ever seen before.


He was like nothing we will ever see again.

We will never know what demons tortured the man. He made us laugh, he made us cry, and his genius will live on.

Oh captain, my captain.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A