songbird salutes the 70's

Remember this?


The Kodak Instamatic camera.

I got one when I was in 6th grade. That would have been 1972.


Great camera for its time. The film came in a cartridge, all you had to do to load the camera was place the cartidge in the right compartment. the flash was delivered by a rotating cube, so you could take four flash pictures in a row without changing the bulb. the camera was sold as a kit, accompanied by film and flash cubes, all of which came in a bright yellow box with the Kodak label on it.

It was one of the first point-and-shoot cameras, it had no features at all.

I remember taking the camera on my 6th grade field trip -- a boat ride around the Great South Bay. The day was overcast, and I must have taken a dozen shots of gray ocean and gray sky.

Of course, I took lots of other pictures, too -- friends, family, my dog. I really enjoyed playing with that camera.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday