NaBloPoMo prompt - How did you end up where you're living right now? What factors will help you choose the next place you live?

The first part of the question is easy.

I've been living here 16 years. Jen was almost 4 and Becca had just turned 2, and I was in the process of what would become a very nasty divorce. It seemed quite natural to move back to my childhood home and live with my parents. My kids grew up in the same house as I did, went to the same schools, joined the same synagogue, have roots in my community.

Where to next? I'm not sure. So many considerations. Not about a school system, anymore, since the girls are in college. In fact, when I move from here, they will not be coming with me. Should I wait until they finish school? They do come home after all....

My work is in Jersey City but my life is on Long Island. Stay close to my friends or shorten the commute? What about Drew? Where are we going and will it be together?

Yeah...that's a biggie. Drew....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday