Wednesday HodgePodge

 



1. The Hodgepodge lands on National Dog Day this year (August 26th). Do you own a dog? Did you have a dog when you were growing up, or maybe some other kind of pet? Would you say you're more of a dog person or a cat person? Neither is okay too : )

Right now I am more of a cat person, but I have always loved dogs, too.

Molly the Beagle earned her place in doggy heaven. Molly was our "baby" until we really had babies.  And then she became very protective of our daughters, especially Jen.  She would sleep under Jen's crib.  And when Jen was learning to walk, she'd use Molly as leverage to get herself into a standing position; she'd grab that poor dog by the ears and then pull herself up, and Molly would let her do it.


2. Last time you felt 'dog tired'?

When I worked in Manhattan, I had a very long commute.  I'd leave my house at 7 AM to get to work by 9, and I wouldn't get home until 7:30 PM or later,  By Friday night I'd be "dog tired".  

3. It's said you can't teach an old dog new tricks. When did you last prove this idiom true or prove it wrong?

I started a new job in March.  Instead of handling asbestos litigation, I now handle school board professional liability.  Not to mention, I am learning how to handle a new corporate culture, new software, etc.  

4. A favorite book, television show, or movie featuring a dog. Why did you love it?




5. Last time you had reason to (literally or figuratively) exclaim 'hot diggity dog'?

Back in March, when  I accepted the job offer.  The company is located on Long Island, so my commute would be a mere 1/2 hour, and of course there'd be a bump in pay.

Who knew that I'd be working from home?  I showed up to work that first day, filled out forms for HR, let IT load software onto my laptop, then went home.  


6.  Insert your own random thought here.

The whole time I have been typing this, a certain jealous feline has been trying to get my attention.




Comments

  1. I love your pretty kitty! Congrats on the new job. I had a commute like yours for many years, it was totally exhausting. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just thinking of the commute to the city makes me exhausted. I hope you will be back at your new office soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That commute was horrid. But the new job will be much better.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new job. Glad that commute is over. Yikes. Our niece lives on Long Island. That Molly sounds like a gem of a doggie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snoopy needs no explanation! I'm glad your new job is working out so well for you. There must be a big learning curve. Your cat is funny. As I type this, one cat is curled up on my legs and the other is climbing into my son's lap, because he has the GOOD blanket.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's great that you can continue to work from home. We may get cabin fever, but at least we have something to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How on earth did I not think of Snoopy??? Goodness, you sure are learning new "tricks." Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the job and the lot less travel time!

    Snoopy...what a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. MOL..looks like someone wants to be in the spotlight, Songbird😹I believe your Angel Molly was a very sweet doggie💗Pawkisses for a Happy Weekend🐾😽💞

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday