Wednesday HodgePodge





 1. August 12th is National Middle Child Day...are you a middle child? If not, where in your family do you fall in terms of birth order? Do you hold true to the typical characteristics of oldest-middle-youngest-only child? (a quick list can be found here) Elaborate.

I am the eldest of four daughters.  Our family dynamic...my sister H is 13 months younger than I am, and the twins are 6 1/2 years younger than my other sister.  I have some characteristics of the eldest and some of the middle child, as does my sister H.  The twins have all of the characteristics of being the youngest.


2. Tell us about a time you felt like (or you actually were) in the middle of nowhere.

Ever been to Cooperstown, NY?  Great place to visit, if you're a baseball fan. We went in 2015.  But the truth is, it's a small town in the middle of farm country, and if the Hall were not there, no one would ever know that Cooperstown exists,

3. What's something you're smack in the middle of currently?

A long, hot, boring summer.

4. What's a food you love to eat that has something delicious in the middle?

A Boston cream donut. Or an eclair.  Or a cream puff. 

5. Share a memory from your middle school days, or junior high if that's what your school dubbed kids somewhere between grades 6-8.

My daughters went to the same schools I attended.  My junior high (grades 7-9) became their middle school (grades 6-8).  One of my favorite teachers was Mr. G.  I never had a class with him, but he was the advisor for the drama club, and I had a lot of fun performing in the school plays.  To be honest, I also had a bit of a crush on him.  Mr. G was Jen's 8th grade English teacher, and when I sat in his room on Meet the Teacher Night ... sigh...I felt like a teenager again...

6. Insert your own random thought here.

The past few weeks have produced a lot of shark sightings at Long Island beaches...so...







Comments

  1. How fun for your children to have a teacher you admired back in the day. It's a weird summer for sure and a lot of sharks around NY seems about right for 2020. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be interesting to see how things have changed with the school. Our kids went to the same schools as their Dad and his sisters. Our daughter was often picked out as being related to her aunts - there is a definite resemblance to several of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that you mention it, I had a crush on my 9th grade biology teacher Mr. Early with read hair and a mustache.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the eldest, too. We have no middle children as it was just my brother and me. He then went and had 5, so. . .

    One of the teachers at a school in the district has been teaching long enough that she has the kids of prior students in her classes. She tells stories of the kiddos lying about tests to their parents and being called on it as the parents know how her classes work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eclairs and donuts seem to be the theme this week.
    No crushes on any of my teachers. But I did marry the son of one of my college profs. (He was glad he gave me an A in US History)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday