Saturday 9 -- Moonlighting

Moonlighting

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme. 

Saturday 9: Moonlighting (1985)
 
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) Moonlighting was an award-winning comedy-drama that ran from 1985 to 1989. Are you familiar with the show? Were you a fan?

Loved it!  It was must-see TV.

2) The series revolved around The Blue Moon Detective Agency in Los Angeles. There have been countless TV shows and movies about detectives and their cases, yet Crazy Sam doesn't know anyone who has ever hired a private investigator. How about you? Have you ever had anything or anyone investigated?

Not personally, but in my line of work I routinely hire private investigators.  It is not glamorous or exciting work.  More like "let's follow this guy around to see if he's faking the injury to get a huge settlement" kind of thing.  FYI we catch a lot of cheaters because of what they post on Facebook -- he claims he can barely walk, but he's skiing down a mountain and dancing all night long while on vacation.

3) The agency was named Blue Moon because one of the owners, Maddie Hayes, was a model known as The Blue Moon Girl, famous for promoting Blue Moon Shampoo. If we were to rename their detective agency based on the shampoo you most recently used, what would it be called?

Argan Oil of Morocco

4) Cybill Shepherd played Maddie Hayes. Cybill believes we can all find romance many times and said she considers the concept of one true love as "dramatic treacle." Do you agree?

I agree with Cybill.

5) David Addison was played by Bruce Willis. At the beginning of his career he couldn't support himself as a actor and held down part-time jobs as a security guard, shuttle bus driver and bartender. How many different occupations have you had?

As an adult, just one full time profession.  I've been practicing law for 36 years, maybe someday I'll get it right?  

But as a student I  had several summer jobs  - camp counselor, assembly line worker, maintenance worker at the beach.

6) The Moonlighting theme was co-written and performed by Al Jarreau. While in college, Al planned on being a career counselor. Yet once he began performing with a jazz trio, he knew that music was where his heart was. Tell us about a time you found joy from an unexpected source.

Joy from an unexpected source....hmmm....difficult question.  I mean, there are things that give me joy, but usually i's something I know will make me happy ....

7) Moonlighting was created by Glenn Gordon Caron. ABC gave him the opportunity based on his work on Remington Steele and Taxi. Of these three shows -- Moonlighting, Remington Steele and Taxi -- which would you prefer to binge watch?

It's a toss-up between Moonlighting and Remington Steele.
 
8) In 1985, the year Moonlighting premiered, Coca Cola introduced The New Coke. It was not successful and disappeared from store shelves quickly. What's the most recent beverage you drank?



9) Random question  -- Each day, do you put more time into improving your mind or your appearance?

I've never been very girly girl,  but I am a news junkie, I watch cable every day and read at least two newspapers. I guess that  means I am improving my mind.

Comments

  1. Argon Oil of Morocco is a very romantic sounding detective agency.

    You may be the only Sat9er this week who has actually hired a PI. BTW, in IL and CA, private investigators are often hired to serve court papers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve never hired a PI to serve process, but I suppose if you’re brave enough to be a PI, you’re brave enough to serve legal papers.

      Delete
  2. As an advocate I work with a lot of lawyers. I even submitted an amicus curiae brief for a case before the Commission on Human Rights and Opportunity here in Connecticut. A Harvard law student had to write one so I was here class project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure it was interesting, far more interesting than most of my cases

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy your answers...thanks! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I couldn't count all my jobs--starting in middle school with babysitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use argon oil in my hair...just the oil, not shampoo. It helps game my crazy curls. I love it.
    #2...people are so stupid! I loved your answers! Have a great weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moonlighting was one of those shows that I couldn't quite keep up with. It was on after 10 when I was in high school (10 was my bedtime). I think. It's gotten much easier to keep track of shows with a DVR. (I liked the show. Watched it when I could. But I couldn't always.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a news junkie, too. My husband wants me to take a news break, he says it depresses me too much anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Hearing you confirm that I've been right about people being stupid about what they post makes my day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday