Wednesday HodgePodge

 




1. Five years ago this month hubs and I relocated from New Jersey to the Palmetto State. What were you doing five years ago this month?

Hmm, August 2015, what was I doing? Pretty much what I expected to do this summer. I pulled up my blog posts from that month....here's what I found:

We had barbecues on Memorial Day and the 4th of July, and we were looking forward to our Labor Day barbecue. We saw the Monkees in concert at Westbury Music Fair, and Jimmy Buffett at Jones Beach. We saw Penn and Teller on Broadway. We went to the moves and saw Mission Impossible and The Man From U.N.C.L.E., we went to the Cradle of Aviation Museum, we visited friends who live upstate. There was the annual trip to the Renaissance Faire, and multiple visits to the ballpark to watch the Long Island Ducks. We took a short vacation upstate, saw Howe Caverns and Cooperstown, and did some fun stuff in NYC, like visiting the Bronx Zoo, the Intrepid and the Cloisters.

It was a very full month, lots of good stuff going on.

And the not-so-good stuff. Drew was in the middle of an argument with his sister about how to care for their elderly uncle. And my father was still alive, but his health was declining rapidly. He died in October 2015.


2. What was the last 9-5 job you worked? Tell us about it.

I am currently a member of the full-time work force. I started my current job on March 23, 2020. When I accepted the company's offer, I expected to be working in a busy office. Instead, I work from home.


3. Plead the fifth, high five, take five, it's five o'clock somewhere, or the big 5-0...which number five phrase relates to your life in some way currently? Tell us how.

Take five. I am so stressed lately. I really need a break. A long break. Somewhere that is not here.

4. During this season of spending so much time at home, what distractions get in the way of being your most productive? Or have you been extra productive since this whole thing started?

I've worked from home before, so productivity isn't an issue in that regard. But when I am not working I have become incredibly lazy.

5. Give us a list here of your top five anything.

In no particular order:

-- Fins

-- One Particular Harbor

-- Cheeseburger in Paradise

-- A Pirate Looks at 40

-- Volcano









6. Insert your own random thought here.


Comments

  1. I'm not a huge Jimmy Buffet fan, but would like to see him in concert once. The problem has always been that as soon as the concert is announced the tickets are gone. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve bought and sold tickets on the secondary market sometimes that’s the only way

      Delete
  2. That's nice that you can work from home. Hope you get that much desired break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stressful time for sure. Take a deep breath... I hope things improve for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that was a fun summer five years ago. If only we knew to appreciate things back then. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. How stressful to start a new job and then have it be work from home. Your summer in 2015 sounded like a lot of fun. I am sorry about the loss of your dad. Arranging care for an elderly family member often leads to arguments, sadly I know first hand :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge Jimmy Buffet fan! So many of the simple things we took for granted five years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday