Another this and that



So last week I got onto the #empowering women bandwagon, and posted my black and white photo on Facebook.


Drew could not help but make a sarcastic comment.

Great wanted poster-is it in the Post Office?

To which I replied:

Friends of Drew are invited to the memorial service on Wednesday...

Seriously, I love the guy, but sometimes he drives me crazy...

What's old is new again...two American astronauts return to earth, their capsule splashing down.  That hasn't happened in 45 years.  But I am glad to see we are reaching for the stars again.  

And I love that the vehicle is called “Dragon”.  I’m kind of obsessed with dragons lately.



 Hello, Tropical Storm Isaias.  Lots of rain and wind around here.  Seems that we are having a very active hurricane season this year.  What else will happen in 2020?

Well, we can officially call my effort to plant sunflowers an overwhelming failure...I planted seeds but nothing grew.   Next year I will just buy potted plants.

Baseball is back, and my heart is getting broken on a daily basis.  What's wrong with the NY Mets?  Did they forget how to play this game?

When we're not watching baseball, we've seen a few very interesting programs on TV. We saw Ann, a one-woman play, as part of PBS' Great Performances. It's a theatrical portrait of Ann Richards, legendary Governor of Texas.  Very powerful performance. And then we saw another PBS theatrical presentation, Gloria:A Life,  a unique interpretation of feminist icon Gloria Steinem’s life told by an all-female cast.  And then we watched a documentary on Showtime, all about the Go-Go's; they were the first all-female rock band that played their own instruments.  

You think maybe there was a feminist theme to our choices?  


Current read:





Comments

  1. Alex should host a president debate. Glad more people speaking up with the world injustice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your picture. Tell Drew he wasn't funny.

    Apparently, California fire season is underway. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read the Alex Trebek article in People (gotten through curbside pickup at the local library)and I am interested in the memoir, which (naturally) my library isn't even close to procuring. Well, I'll bide my time. In the meantime I am enjoying the "from the vault" Jeopardy reruns. And, not enjoying the Mets. And, waiting for the plug to be pulled on the season. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it's going to last too much longer. Drew, you aren't funny. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday