Bella Vie

 So now I'm taking restaurant recommendations from my daughter.  Jen and Matt enjoyed a dinner at Bella vie a few weeks ago, and so Drew and I decided to give the place a try.

We were seated outside, on the deck, right with a great view of the water.




We saw something swimming around, but never got a clear look at what was swimming -- just their backs broke the surface of the water.



But you don't go to a restaurant only for the ambiance.  You go for the food.


Our meal began with bread, of course  -- Drew loved the artisan bread with butter, while I enjoyed the  bruchetta. 

Appetizers  --Drew had the baked clams.



Those are whole Little Neck clams, not chopped. 

I had tomato and mozarella caprese:


I drank prosecco, Drew had sangria.

By the time our entrees arrived, it was too dark to take a picture,  Drew had Duo of Duck -- Duck Breast, Duck Leg Confit, Butternut Squash Puree, Mixed Vegetables, Pomegranate Gastrique.   You don't see duck on the menu in most restaurants, and Drew loves duck, so he was ecstatic.

 I had Veal Franchese -- Veal Scaloppine, Mashed Potato, Mixed Vegetables, Lemon Veloute.  The veal was tender, with just the right amount of lemon (sometimes the lemon can be overpowering), and the mashed potatoes were incredibly creamy.

And apparently the local waterfowl think Bella vie is a nice place to dine...











We capped off the night with dessert, something we rarely order, but the chocolate layer cake was absolutely decadent...and one slice was very shareable.

Comments

  1. Are those Canadian geese? Glad they were ambiance and didn't disturb your meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than listening to Drew joke abut asking them for their passports and green cards, no, the gees did not disturb our meal. Apparently they feed in those waters every night.

      Delete
  2. I loved your photos! Alas, yellow jacket season is here upstate and if you tried that experience where I live you may have had a lot of uninvited guests, which is what happened when husband and I went to a winery on Wednesday and had an outdoor tasting. I loved your photos What a great spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.

      Yellow jacket season is mid September around here.

      Delete
  3. I actual usual like the out door seating and clams look might yummy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday