Saturday 9 with The Who!

 

CSI: Who Are You?

Welcome to Saturday 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme. 
 
Saturday 9: Who Are You? (1977)


Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song, originally recorded by The Who, was the theme of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, which ran from 2000 to 2015. Did you watch it? Were you a fan?

I have seen a few episodes, and I liked what I saw, but I never really got into the show.


2) When the show premiered, Gil Grissom (William Petersen) was the CSI team's supervisor. Gil's mother was deaf, and so he was fluent in American Sign Language. Can you communicate using ASL? 

Nope.

3) His assistant is blood-splatter analyst Catherine Willows (Marg Helgenberger). Catherine's family moved often, which made it hard for her to get traction in her studies. She finally just dropped out of high school. She later got her GED, and even graduated from college. Have you ever considered going back to school?

I think that when I retire I'd like to audit classes at some college, classes in the liberal arts.  

 
4) Though set in Las Vegas, most of CSI was filmed in Santa Clarita, CA. Santa Clarita is also home to Six Flags Magic Mountain amusement park. Do you enjoy roller coasters?

Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Disney World is fun,  so is Big Thunder Mountain.  But I won't ride big, scary coasters.

5) The vocalist on the CSI theme, Roger Daltry of the Who, made a cameo appearance on the show during season 7. Do you have a favorite Who song?





6) CSI became a franchise, followed by CSI: Miami and CSI: New York. If we could organize a Saturday 9 field trip, which of these CSI cities would you prefer we visit: Las Vegas, Miami or New York?

I live in the suburbs of  NYC, so if you all want to come here, I'll be glad to meet up.  I have been to Florida many times,but I haven't seen much of Miami, mostly just the airport.  It would be fun to explore the city.  But I've never been to Vegas, so maybe we should all go there.

7) In 2000, the last original Peanuts comic strip was published. How many Peanuts characters can you name?

Let's see... there's Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Woodstock, Sally, Linus, Lucy, Schroeder, Pigpen, Peppermint Patty, Franklin, Marcie, Violet and the Little Red-Haired Girl.  Did I leave anyone out?



8) Also in 2000, media giant Time Warner merged with America Online, the email provider. It's estimated that 74% of us check our email at least once/day. Are you one of the 74%?

Is the sky blue?  Yes, I check my email every day.

9) Random question -
- Did you more recently cut and paste, or delete?


Delete.

Comments

  1. None of our Saturday 9ers so far are CSI fans. I wonder how it stayed on for so long!

    Vegas is a great choice. Lots of fun for a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Peanuts, they are so cute. You did good remembering their names. Loved your answers! Have a great day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh--great suggestion about post-retirement class auditing. The local university has that opportunity, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #7. There was another girl named Patty, who had red hair with a bow in it (she was a friend of Violet's and the two of them would have parties where they spent more time deciding who NOT to invite); Shermy, who really never distinguished himself; 5 and his twin sisters, 3 and 4 (the story behind them was that their father, thinking that names would be replaced by numbers after ZIP codes were instituted, named them that as a protest); Frieda, who had naturally curly hair; and Rerun, Linus and Lucy's baby brother who looked a lot like Linus. Oh, and Snoopy had an uncle who lived in some Western state and looked like Snoopy with a long droopy mustache and a cowboy hat whose name escapes me. If I think of others, I'll let you know...

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Connecticut adults over 65 can go to college for free.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I watched the show. I've been to Vegas many times, but not in the last decade or so. My father is a huge Who fan. I think he had all the albums back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your father is a fan ...you just made me feel old ...

      Delete
  7. Looks like we've all decided to head to Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought of returning to school and even do some math classes. I want challenge some brain cells

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday