New York Aquarium

 Drew and I are members of the Wildlife Conservation Society  That means we support the Bronx Zoo, the Queens Zoo, the Prospect Park Zoo and the Central Park Zoo, and the  New York Aquarium.

We first visited the aquarium last year.

The Aquarium closed in March because of the pandemic.  It reopens to the public today, but reopened to members -- with Covid precautions in place --- on Monday.  Drew and I went on Tuesday. 

It's a small aquarium on the Boardwalk at Coney Island, you can easily see the whole park in 2-3 hours.  

You'll start seeing fish the moment you walk into the main building.







We decided to take in the sea lion show.  The preshow  was done by two employees with stuffed animals.




Notice that they're wearing masks.


And then it was time for the sea lions.








I loved the shark building.



I couldn't get a good picture of the sea turtle, so here's the one I took last year.



I love this:



What a great weather vane.


Then there is the newest exhibit:



(Insert political joke here...if you know me, you'll know what I mean...)


But here is what we found inside:












The  outdoor exhibits include seals and sea lions, otters and penguins.  They were all enjoying the water, couldn't get good photos of anyone except the penguins.






The 4D theater isn't open right now due to the pandemic, and the Coney Island amusement parks (next door to the aquarium) are closed as well.  

Still, it was an enjoyable afternoon.  


We drove home past JFK, and I  got a couple of cool photos of planes coming in for a landing (ignore the dirt on the windshield).







Comments

  1. I love aquariums and you have some great pictures there. I'd love to visit there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some memories of the Aquarium, from my visit there in 1993 with my then preschool aged son. That's the last time for us (except for Christmas Eve 2018, but we didn't go in, long story). Now it seems like a million years ago. Your pictures were really nice. My cousin in Brooklyn is a member, too. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it was nice to get out. That looks like a great aquarium.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday