Another this and that

 Can you believe the summer is almost over?  Just three weeks until Labor Day.  It feels like summer never really began.  Thank you, Covid 19.

Things are starting to get back to "normal".  The new "normal", that is. The stores are starting to open, and we've gone to several restaurants.  Gyms are starting to open.  No theaters yet, but I'm sure that's going to happen.  Schools around here routinely begin the year after Labor Day, and it looks like most local schools will do a hybrid of on site and distance learning -- so it looks like Drew will have a job as a permanent sub this year.  

I feel very comfortable resuming activities.  Current research indicates those of us with antibodies are pretty safe, that we are very unlikely to be reinfected, and that even if we get the virus again it will be a very mild case.  Still, I wear my mask and wash my hands...

Sigh.  I'm still going stir-crazy.

We are in the middle of the Democratic National Convention, a convention like we have never seen before.  A historic event, it's all being done via Zoom.  And it will result in the nomination of Joe Biden and Kamala Harris - she's making history, isn't she?  The Republican convention is next week, and then the Election  will really heat up...





Comments

  1. I couldn't even stay up past 9:30, so I didn't see much of last night's convention. Husband very nicely recorded three speeches for me, but here I am, blogging outside and listening to the crickets. Oh well. Our gyms are all allowed to open Monday per our county executive; he is scheduling quick inspections for them. Our local Y has had their pool open for several weeks, though; maybe because people go there for water therapy. My husband's cousin just got over a case of COVID-19, not serious enough for hospitalization, and since she has a public contact job I hope she does have permanent immunity. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle Obama’s speech was incredible. I can’t wait to see Jill Biden tonight.

      I hope your husband’s cousin will be ok

      Delete
  2. I just got an email yesterday from the district as to how they're going to be handling subbing. Apparently, they'll use subs for distance learning, but we have to go to campus. That'll be the most secure for logging in and joining the virtual meeting. With no students on campus, it's pretty easy to keep distance from people. (Today was our first day, and I worked on campus. It's really not too bad. Of course, we're doing all distance, nothing in person.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe this new normal will be around for while. Plan to make the best of it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday