Music Monday

And it's another "your choice: week.

So let's revisit 1970.

1970, the last year of the 1960's, on the cusp of a new decade.  Nixon was in the White House.  The United State invaded Cambodia.  Apollo 13 had an accident yet safely returned to Earth.  The first Earth Day was celebrated, and the EPA was brought into being.  The shooting at Kent State.  The voting age was lowered to 18.  The Beatles broke up.

And these were some of the songs on the radio:


Mark Lindsay sang about "Arizona"






The Blues Image gave us "Ride, Captain, Ride"






How about some Three Dog Night?




Let's Spill the Wine



And to close it out





Comments

  1. Robin,

    The mewsic at the onset of the 70s is the only thing I remember at the time. The events I picked up on later in the decade. Mewsic is a great diversion from conflicts near and far away. Thanks for hitting the dance floor today. Be safe and stay healthy, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were all great songs. 1970 was the year I got out of grammar school and all these songs were a part of the overall vibe of that time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa many cool tunes here today! Lovin' them all.. Arizona, Ride Captain Ride... time to rock.. & natually 3 dog night... a small favorite for sure.. mama told me not to come! Do they ever mention how to have fun? hahaha course they did... as soon as they opened their mouth! So let's spill the wine I had to watch on You Tube for some reason.. I hadn't heard this song I hadn't heard in forever! ahhhhh John Fogerty definitely a favorite! Lookin' Out My Back Door definitely a sing-a-long! Have a great safe day my friend. You've rocked the house for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1970 was a very good year. It was my first year of college and last year of high school. The year I met my husband of 46 years. Lots of songs bring back college memories, including Lookin' Out My Back Door. Very nice set. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...some oldies, just like me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a child in the 70s and can't really remember those. I guess it's because I'm British and more familiar with the British music scene.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great vintage tunes - would they be considered 'vintage' at this point in time? ;) Those were all introductions to me! Thanks for the dance! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday