Wednesday is Sunday/Sunday Stealing does the Wednesday Hodgepodge

 


 
Hi! I'm your host Bev Sykes of the blog "Funny the World". . Welcome to Sunday Stealing. This feature originated and published on WTIT: The Blog. Here we will steal all types of questions from every corner of the blogosphere. Our promise to you is that we will work hard to find the most interesting and intelligent questions. Cheers to all of us thieves!


Stolen (and edited) from "This Side of the Pond"







 

 

 I had to do a double take when I saw Bev’s post.  I’m a regular on Joyce’s Hodgepodge every Wednesday.  I’ve probably answered most of these questions before.

 

 

1. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?

I am pretty independent.  I do a lot by myself.  I recently assembled a bookcase I bought on Amazon.  That surprised me, I’m usually not so handy.

2.  What's one product you use that never ever fails?

K cups.  You can’t mess up. Just pop it in the coffeemaker and you’ll get a decent cup of coffee.

3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it? 

I have reached an age where I know who I am and what I’m about.  I have a loving partner, two wonderful daughters and a career that keeps me interested.  

4.  Worst movie you ever saw?

Napoleon Dynamite.  My daughter and her best friend wanted to see it. They were in middle school at the time and needed a chaperone.  I would have walked out halfway through the film but they seemed to enjoy it. 

5. What's the last fun thing you did? 

I’m writing this Saturday morning.  Last night we went to see a baseball game. Drew and I are fans of the Long Island Ducks, of the independent Atlantic League.  The Ducks are doing battle with the Lexington Legends for the league championship.







6. What's your favorite Italian dish?

Oh, that depends.  Are we in a restaurant, getting takeout, or cooking?  I make a decent meat sauce for pasta.  If we’re getting takeout I want a chicken parm hero.  In the restaurant I’m ordering veal Marsala.

7. Have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see?

I’ve never been, but I would love to visit Paris.  The Eiffel Tower.  The Louvre.  The food.  The wine.

8. Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?

I’ve been to Disney World in Florida many, many times, most recently in 2019.  We have a friend who owns a townhome just a few minutes from the park, he lists it on Air BNB when he’s not using it, and he gave us the “friends and family” rate.  We’ve been discussing plans to go back in 2023 or 2024.

Right now things are a bit chaotic in the parks, thanks to the pandemic, the 50th anniversary celebration and changes being made to how the parks function. But if the trip is free, I’ll deal with the chaos.

9. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?

I live alone.  My apartment can be very quiet.  I don’t like the quiet, I usually play music or have the tv on.

10. Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread? 

Do Pillsbury crescent rolls count?  I made a batch of those last week.


11. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'? 

My Google Pixel phone.

12.  Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T.

Oh my … looking around my house …

Tomatoes.  Good for salads and in cooking.

Television.  I’m watching right now.

Tablet.  I use my iPad for so many things.

Today.  We have plans to see a play in the city.

Tomorrow.  So full of promise.

13. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.

At that age I was a student, finishing up my BA and starting law school.  And I was madly in love with my then-fiancé, but starting to realize he was the wrong man for me and getting ready to break our engagement.

14. What's on the menu at your house this week? 

Probably a pasta dish, maybe hamburgers.  I don’t plan meals in advance, I live alone and cook what I feel like eating,

15.Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? 
.

I’m sure it was something in the supermarket.  



 


Comments

  1. I wouldn't get K cups. We drink too much coffee around here and it would be a tremendous waste of cups at the end of each day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen Napoleon Dynamite, not my cup of tea! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely correct--that movie sucked. I just didn't get the humor, or the lack thereof. Puerile nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forced myself to watch that movie because my students all raved and quoted it and I needed the reference point. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never seen that movie. My mother-in-law gave us a Kerig and we didn't like it. My husband went back to his old coffee maker and the Kerig went to a donation center. I don't drink coffee at all and the tea in the Kerig was horrid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We don't have Kerig maker. My son in Oregon has one and I just love the sound it makes.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did the Ducks win?

    I remember Napoleon Dynamite. It was huge in the high schools. So, I saw it just to see what the fuss was about. Hated it. I just don't get it. Not the worst movie I've ever seen, but it's on the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ducks lost Friday night and win the Saturday afternoon game. It’s a best if five, and the remaining three games will be played in Kentucky.

      Delete
  8. If you do ever get to Paris just understand that some of the people can be very rude. It is still worth it though - a bit of French will definitely help. And the food and wine is amazing.

    :o)

    Cheers

    PM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday