Saturday 9

 

Bang!

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love to 
answer the questions, however, and here is today's questions!

Saturday 9: Bang! (2020)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This song is about a young man who is living on his own and doing adult things, like getting his own apartment, eating better and doing his own taxes, but he doesn't yet feel grown up. Do you remember when you felt like a grown up?

First real job?  No, felt like I was playing at being an adult. First apartment?  Nope, I had a roommate, still felt like a student.  My wedding?  Getting there, but not quite.  When my first child was born?  Almost, but not quite -- still relied on my mom to rescue me.  

No, the day I felt irretrievably like an adult happened a few months after my oldest was born.  When it was role-reversal time.  My grandmother and two of my aunts shared an apartment just a few blocks from where my husband and I lived.  My aunt called me and told me that she couldn't wake my other aunt up, she couldn't reach my mother, and she needed help...I raced over there.  I had to be the one in charge, I had call the funeral home, etc., and  I take care of two grieving women who once took care of me.  

2) He mentions not being sure of his login password. Is this something you struggle with? Or are you able to zip into your accounts?

Both.  It depends on what account we're talking about, some I can access easily but others...

3) Both the video and CD cover show the band playing games of chance. What's the last game that you played?

I play a lot of solitaire on my iPad.  I like to have a game night with friends, but we haven't done something like that in almost two years.

4) This week's featured band, AJR, is named for the three brothers who make up the trio -- Adam, Jack and Ryan Met. Until recently, all three brothers lived at home and wrote songs together in the Met family living room. Do you have siblings? If so, what's something you enjoy doing together?

I have three younger sisters.  We are not particularly close.  We see each other on birthdays and holidays and such, have dinner. 
 
5) The oldest Met brother, Adam, now lives with his girlfriend in an apartment near Columbia University, where he is a PhD candidate. During the school year, he only works on his music on weekends. Next summer, in 2022, he should be done with his studies and plans on touring the country with the band. Some tour dates are already scheduled. If possible, do you like to make plans far in advance? Or do you prefer spontaneity?  

A bit of both.  We're currently planning a vacation that will take place in December 2022, over a year from now. 


6) Jack and Ryan also attend Columbia and share an apartment with their dog. They like to unwind on Fridays, after a week of classes, with a game of air hockey, followed by sushi or sashimi at their favorite Japanese restaurant. What did you do on Friday night?

Take-out dinner and TV.

 
7) In 2020, the year this song was popular, the most streamed TV show was The Office. The show went off the air in 2013, but during the pandemic and quarantine, it found a new audience. What series have you binged on recently?

It's an old show from the 1960's.  Drew is a superfan of the show.  I like it but have never watched the entire series, so I am binge watching it now.




8) According to Amazon, the best-selling novel of 2020 was Where the Crawdads Sing. Is there a novel you'd like to recommend to Sat 9ers?  

A fun read:





9) Random question: Your local drug store has self-check out. You confess to your best friend that you absent-mindedly missed scanning an item, walked out of the store with it, set off security and were caught unintentionally shoplifting. The store manager believed you so there were no repercussions, but you were mortified nevertheless. Would you expect your best friend to share your embarrassing story with his/her spouse?  

I am sure she would.

 


Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9. As always, feel free to come back, see who has participated and comment on their posts. In fact sometimes, if you want to read & comment on everyone's responses, you might want to check back again tomorrow. But it is not a rule. We haven’t any rules here. Join us on next Saturday for another version of Saturday: 9, "Just A Silly Meme on a Saturday!" Enjoy your weekend!
 

Comments

  1. I loved Dark Shadows! Did you know that Victoria Winters (aka Alexandra Moltke) was Claus von Bülow's mistress? Her real life was pretty scary, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. #1...yes. Taking care of those who took care of you. It is hard watching decline, but it is life. I am so glad you are there for them. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never watched Dark Shadows. I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Btw, I am LOVING Miyam Bialik. How about yoU?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Dark Shadows. I would race home from school to watch it. I don't think it has aged especially well but it was fun at the time. Kate Jackson was in Dark Shadows for a short time, and I always loved her as an actress.

    ReplyDelete
  6. While I was reading this, when "Dark Shadows" came up made goosebumps arise on my arm! lol. Never saw the show. Thanks for the book suggestions.
    Your Friday night dinner and TV sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you ever watch Dark Shadow before Barnabas Collins made his appearance. It was pretty bad.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that’s what I’m watching now, the original episodes before Barnabas, Gothic and creepy but nothing supernatural. I like it, but I can see why the ratings were low and why Dan Curtis saved the show by adding a vampire. When Barnabas grabbed Willie Loomis he also grabbed an audience.

      Delete
  8. I was in a science class not too long ago. On the wall were pictures of two rock stars, both with PhDs in science. I guess this guy will be added to the wall before too long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday