Saturday 9

 

Cheeseburger in Paradise

Welcome to Saturday: 9. What we've committed to our readers is that we will post 9 questions every Saturday. Sometimes the post will have a theme, and at other times the questions will be totally unrelated. Those weeks we do "random questions," so-to-speak. We encourage you to visit other participants posts and leave a comment. Because we don't have any rules, it is your choice. We hate rules. We love memes, however, and here is today's meme!

Cheeseburger in Paradise (1978)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Jimmy briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?  

There was a time when I kept a food diary, but right now I am being very lazy.

2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?

Drizzle.  Definitely drizzle.

3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?

You didn't mention  my favorite, mozzarella.
 
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?  

A green tie dye t shirt from a Jimmy Buffett concert... great for lounging around the house...not to mention, the lagoon...


5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning? 

About a five, I think.  Sometimes it's hard to be motivated.


6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?

 Tough decision, there are so many...but I guess I have to go with this guy:


7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?

My birthday is in February, a few days after Valentine's Day, and sometimes it coincides with President's Day.  A day off for my birthday is never a problem.

8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?

A bottle of Diet Pepsi.

9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Libra. When did you last check your horoscope? 

I used to read mine every day, but it's been awhile.





Comments

  1. I love having a birthday near Halloween--my costume parties (as a youngster) were legendary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #3 Mozzarella on burgers is good!
    #6 I like Billy Joel's River of Dreams I am a little partial to it since it was made only a few miles from my house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've enjoyed Billy Joel on talk shows. I bet he'd hold your guests spellbound with his stories.

    I've got more than one Buffet shirt myself. Maybe I'll break one out to wear today in solidarity with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I considered Billy Joel. He is so talented. Great choice. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed your video and yes on mozzarella! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share a birthday with Harry Potter, but I don't think that qualifies as a holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like Billy Joel, too. Decided to go all female though with my musician choices.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Mozzarella too...especially the soft ball type (buffala?) . A drizzle of good olive oil, some herbs, YUM

    ReplyDelete
  9. It been a while since I even read a paper, let lone my horoscope. I could read it on line.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm crashing your party. I'm not the biggest Billy Joel fan, but I do like him and Piano Man is my all-time favorite song.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday