Saturday Nine








It's time for the Saturday 9.

Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)

In honor of Valentine's Day. Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now?

Yes.  
2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now?

I don't have any pockets in this outfit.  

Normally I'd keep Chapstick and Kleenex in my pocket, if anything at all.
3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited?

I've been to Florida many times.  The first time was when I was 12 and I went to Miami with my grandmother.  My in-laws used to live near Ft. Myers, and we visited several times.  Visited friends in Ft. Lauderdale and Tampa.  Had many vacations in Central Florida -- Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and the Kennedy Space Center.  

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now?

My ears are pierced, and I always wear earrings.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion?

I live in the same town where I went to school, but I have never gone to a reunion.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted?

My friend Kathy would give you the shirt off her back if you asked.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet?

Of course.  Cats and dogs are family.

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors?

I was 13 and in 7th grade, and I was madly in love with the drama club adviser.  He was 23, which seemed so old at the time.

Years later, my daughters went to the same middle school where I had been a student.  And my older daughter's 8th grade English teacher was...the man who'd been the drama club adviser when I was in 7th grade.  

And I was weak in the knees when I went to the parent-teacher conference.  Alas, he was happily married....


9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox?

I have no idea.

Comments

  1. I love your answer to #8. That's a great story for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. He was an amazing teacher. He retired when my younger daughter was in 7th grade so she missed out. It was hard to remain in parental mode when I was at the conference, so maybe it was good that he retired.

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you joined in, smiles. I always wear earrings too, have a great Saturday, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer to #8 also. Such a neat story. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since you got enough comments about #8, I'll tell you I do know the last thing I mailed. I had an order that went out to Pennsylvania.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Blogging from A to Z — we start with the letter A