More this and that

Well, Jen and Becca finally got to see Dear Evan Hansen.  And of course they both loved it.

It's one of the really popular shows on Broadway, but I have no desire to see it.  I'm glad they were able to enjoy it, though.

My next excursion to Broadway will be in April, when Drew and I see the revival of West Side Story.

There was another TV crew shooting in my neighborhood this week.  I’m not sure which show, but I did see some of the trailers parked near my office.



And, of  course, I saw signs telling cast and crew where they needed to go.





Holding area, set, breakfast ...I wonder if they ever have any crashers.

I do work in an interesting neighborhood.

An old friend, who moved to Florida about 5-6 years ago, flew up to New York last night.  Unfortunately she is attending a funeral today, but she’ll be in town until the end of next week, so hopefully we’ll get a chance to see her.  I am so looking forward to that.

Weird incident at the train station the other morning.  I park in a large commuter garage. The only people parking here are trying to catch a train.  There’s a 7:08 express to Penn and a 7:16 local to Brooklyn.  I take the local, and I like to get to the station around 7:05 so I have time to get a cup of coffee at the 7-11 before I board the train.  Also, as I've mentioned, I have arthritis in my knees, so I tend to move a little more slowly than most passengers.  I don’t qualify for a handicapped parking permit, though.

I usually park on the 1st floor of the garage.  When I drove up the aisle, there were about 12 empty spaces on one side and 8 empty spaces on the other.  Plenty of room to park.   I chose a space next to an empty space.  It’s easier for me to get out of my car if I can open my door completely. I opened my car door, went to pick up my purse, and heard a honk. Looked up, and there was a car waiting to pull into the empty space.

I gathered up my purse and tote bag and heard another honk.  I started to get out of the car, and the driver honked again.

There were still many other empty spaces, and there were no other cars waiting to park.  There was no reason the other driver had to park next to me. I stifled the urge to open the back door and start rummaging around the back seat.  Instead, I locked my car and started walking towards the exit.  She honked again because I had to walk in front of her car in order to leave.

She ran past me to catch the 7:08 express.

Honestly, if the garage were full and there were no other spots available, I would have closed my car door and let her park before I got out of my car.  But in a half empty garage, was I obligated to wait for her to park before getting out of my car?








Comments

  1. Nope. Rude people just bug me, lol.

    You sure live an interesting life. grin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That must have been her spot. You know, the spot she parks in every day. And you were being terribly rude for keeping her from it. /sarcasm

    Seriously, though, people...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have several parking lots where I work and, in lot #1, where the executives and people with lots of seniority park (it's closest to the building) there are no officially assigned spots, except for the President. But woe to you if you park in a spot one of the executives usually uses. Especially one executive in particular. But that woman doesn't own the garage...or does she? Alana amblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday