The Sound of Music

An iconic musical, beloved on stage and screen.

Yesterday my friend Maribeth blogged about playing Gretl in a community theater production of The Sound of Music. I am sure it was a wonderful experience for her.

My daughter Becca took an acting class when she was four years old.  A talent agent was invited to the end-of-year recital, and asked if I wanted Becca to be a professional actress.  For the next two years, Becca auditioned for a lot of TV commercials and for two Broadway musicals -- Annie and The Sound of Music.She came thisclose to being cast as Gretl, but alas...she came close to being cast in a lot of things, we stopped trying because she wasn't actually getting any roles...

I think the girl who got the part was cute, but....well, not as cute as my Becca.







Comments

  1. I wonder how many children try to go into acting only to give it up for the very same reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recall seeing Sound of Music in the theater when I was young.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday