Book challenge update -- next on my reading list

OMG, I completely forgot about Margaret Atwood!

Guess what book is being released on Tuesday?

The Testaments: The Sequel to The Handmaid's Tale by [Atwood, Margaret]


I read The Handmaid's Tale a long time ago.  It was a book that stayed with me...I've seen seasons 1 and 2 of the Hulu series -- I don't subscribe to Hulu, so I'll watch season 3 when it comes out on DVD.

While watching the show I'll remember specific incidents from the book. But the show has gone beyond the original story line.

The Handmaid's Tale is free with my subscription to Kindle:Unlimited, so I've downloaded it and pre-ordered the sequel.



Should I reread The Handmaid's Tale first?   Or just go ahead with the sequel?

In any event, as soon as I finish my current read, it's time to take a break from Pern.

Comments

  1. I haven't read either, so I haven't a clue on which one to start, grin. It's just my luck that I read books out of order, lol. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read Handmaid’s Tale first, the sequel won’t make sense otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm of two minds. You remember enough of Handmaid's Tale, don't you? But then again, it won't be fresh in your mind... I'd say when you get the book, you'll know if you want to start it or wait and reread before you dive in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One my old client she liked reading Margaret Atwood.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read The Handmaid's Tale not long after it came out (I've always loved dystopian literature). I have not seen any of the Hulu shows. My recommendation is to read (or reread, that is) Handmaid's Tale. I also downloaded it (a year or so ago) from Kindle Unlimited and it was almost too painful to read - but I had also forgotten a lot, so I am making my way through it. And now, my husband wants to read it, too! I am so pumped that there is going to be a sequel but I'm also hoping so much that it is good. Some stories should never have a sequel - I hope this isn't one of them. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday