#skywatchfriday -- a summer storm


There was a thunderstorm in progress when I got off the train one night.  torrential rain, thunder, lightning...Glad I had my umbrella.  I raced to the parking garage to get my car. 

As I pulled out of the garage, headed east, i saw this:


I looked northward and saw this:




I guess the storm was very localized.

I drove around the building, so that I was facing west:



I guess that explains the rainbow.

As I continued to drive westward, I watched the ever-changing sky:





(I do  so love to see planes in the sky).




#skywatchfriday

Comments

  1. Storms do produce some interesting skies, especially if near sunset. I enjoyed your rainbow capture. Those are so much fun. Alana ramblinwitham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visiting. Like your blog! I always enjoy a good storm as long as it doesn't bring any damage with it. Lovely rainbow shot!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Storms here in NY state are awesome!! smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,

    We had a day like yours not long. I even captured a rainbow photo but in a car doing highway speed so it's not the best. :) It's interesting how this time of you have heavy rain one minute then beautiful blue skies with ginormous marshmallow fluff clouds. Nice photos! Thanks for visiting today and have a funtastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos. I love how every directions gave you a very different-looking sky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am way west of you. Hope your day was good.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's trippy to have the storm on one side and the other nearly blue skies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday