another this and that

So it's the middle of September.  Summer is definitely over, and it's time to transition to autumn.  I'm looking forward to the cooler weather, the fall foliage, the apples and pumpkins at every farm stand...

It's time to think about the High Holy Days.  The first night of Rosh HaShanah is September 29, which means the dinner extravaganza at my mother's house.  Drew is making dinner for his family the second night.  Apples and honey, a round challah, matzo ball soup, sweet wine...

But first we had to celebrate a birthday.  Drew's uncle is turning 85,  so last night we got agroup of friends together to celebrate.  Dinner at an Italian restaurant, cannoli cake from our favorite bakery...

We had a much quieter celebration for my mom's 87th last week -- just the family, takeout Italian food and a chocolate mousse cake.

I've got a milestone birthday coming up in February, and I don't know how I want to celebrate it...

Drew wants to go to a haunted house this year.  we used to go every year, but haven't done it in awhile.  Scary fun.

Scammers, be warned!    I'm getting a double dose of cyber security training at work lately. I work for a large corporation, where cyber a cyber attack could have significant impact. We've had to take a couple of cyber security classes, and we are being "tested' with "phishing" emails. My current job assignment has me embedded in a client's office as a consultant, using the client's computer systems.  Next week the client will be training its employees about cyber security, and since I use their systems, I am expected to attend.

The silly things that make me happy:  the clock face on my Versa.


This face changes over the course of a day.  The picture starts out as an egg, and as I move towards my step goal, the egg starts to hatch. When I reach my goal, the clock face shows a newly-hatched baby dragon.

I was sad to hear that Eddie Money died.


Comments

  1. Happy Birthdays all around, smiles. Birthdays sure seem to be coming faster and faster now, sigh. It is hard for me to understand that #53 will be here in March, where has the time gone?

    I hope you have a lovely Sunday my friend. smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute watch face. Now you'll be the cyber security expert. I'll bring all my questions to you ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday