more this and that

Lots of traffic near my office yesterday morning, lots of closed streets.  It really gets backed up whenever a VIP with a Secret Service detail is invited to ring the opening bell of the stock market.

At least I don't have to go to the Upper East side this week --traffic is a nightmare because of the UN General Assembly. I feel bad for my daughter, though.   Becca lives in the East 50's, and walks to work, and she's voicing her displeasure all over Twitter....

Last week you couldn't drive anywhere near Little Italy, street closures because of the Feast of San Gennaro.  Best street fair in NYC.  I haven't been in awhile, but it's a  lot of fun. I wrote about it here.

So it's officially fall now.  Hard to think of it as fall when the temperature is in the 80's.Long term forecast says we should be getting cooler weather in about two weeks.

Funny how I was so anxious to hold on to summer, but now I'm more than ready to let it go....


A news story from up in the Bronx has left me in tears.  Monday morning, rush hour in a busy subway station.  Suicidal man, holding his 5 year old daughter, jumped in front of a moving subway train.  The man was killed by the train, but miraculously, the little girls survived with only minor injuries.  There is video showing the little girl bravely crawling along the ground on her stomach as she emerges from beneath the train.

Here are the new reports

  https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny-dad-daughter-fall-tracks-bronx-subway-20190923-uncsrvli6ndvncglmhh4ynff5a-story.html

https://abc7ny.com/traffic/man-jumps-in-front-of-train-while-holding-daughter-police-say/5560911/

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/2-People-Subway-Bronx-Service-Partially-Suspended-561117261.html

https://nypost.com/2019/09/23/dramatic-video-shows-bystanders-rescuing-girl-after-dads-subway-suicide/



https://abc7ny.com/traffic/man-jumps-in-front-of-train-while-holding-daughter-police-say/5560911/





Comments

  1. Robin,

    Oh, good heaven my heart jumped out of my chest to read such tragic mews but thank God the little girl survived! I get that people are hurting but seriously why bring others down with you? I don't understand this and I'm not trying to be insensitive to someone's mental state. It just doesn't make sense. Please, people, get help! Saying prayers for this little girl and her family. How sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, exactly. I think that's why this story is grabbing me. That poor child will be dealing with the trauma of losing her father, but she's also going to be dealing with her own trauma. I am sure that when the mom showed up at the hospital, she hugged that child for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, oh why would he take the child with him? It's sad for him, but the little girl didn't ask to make that final journey with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for all involved in sucide. Lot need to be done with our mental health system.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday