another this and that

So...Colette's reading challenge begins today.  I'm just finishing up "All the Werys of Pern" (which I won't count towards the challenge) and I've just loaded "The Dragon's Code" onto my Kindle.  Let the games begin.

I am very happy I bought the Kindle.  So much better than reading on a tablet.  It's become my  best friend on my LIRR commute.

Now this is embarrassing... My minor in college was English, and I took several classes about Shakespeare's works.  Granted, that was a long time ago, but still... Drew found one of those quizzes, the kind you find on Facebook. and it was all quotes from Shakespeare.  Easy, right?   I got all the weird, complicated quotes...and completely flubbed Shylock's "If you prick us, do we not bleed?" quote.  I am ashamed  -- one of my favorite Billy Crystal routines involves that "Shylock" quote. (Wish I could find a video of that bit...)

What do all of these things have in common?  Knish, kreplach, kugul, knaidlach, kasha varnishkes.  They are all foods you will find in a kosher deli.  And they are all foods my grandmother, of blessed memory, made from scratch.  She made the best... Though the food at Ben's Kosher Deli is almost as good...

We're having our annual Labor Day barbecue today. Lots of food and fun with friends.  And it looks like the weather will cooperate.  I am so looking forward to this.

Though I guess that means summer is really over.  I am not ready to move on just yet.

And in honor of the new month, some music:





Comments

  1. Have a great day! It is raining here in western NY. smiles No bbq'ing for us, sad to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good ol' Neil. My mother's favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It’s all coming back to me now

DISboards nonsense

Music Monday